Yahoo! Zimbra Maps - New! & Updated Yahoo! Local API
Yahoo! Zimbra Maps - New!
"Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop is the next-generation email application"
Easily set up Zimbra, Yahoo! Mail Plus, AOL and Gmail email accounts with the Account Wizard
- View addresses as Yahoo! Maps
- Automatically detect your location and find points of interest with Yahoo! Local
- Preview web pages at thumbnails instead of opening a browser
- See your calendar schedule from within an email message if you hover over a date
- Web Search powered by Yahoo! is built directly into Zimbra Desktop
Updated Yahoo! Local API
Other Yahoo Local News is that Version 3 of the Local API has been released.
One new feature is the ability to find locations along a route
Here is an example XML output
For this map and nearest pizza restaurants
"We are releasing a new version of the Yahoo! Local API (V3), that gives developers a key new feature – the ability to search for convenient points of interest for a given user defined route. For example, as you are driving from San Francisco to Sacramento, you could search for a Starbucks or for a hardware store."
The RESTful API now includes a “route” parameter that is a series of latitude/longitude coordinates, with the first pair of coordinates as the starting point and the last pair of coordinates as the ending point. A string sent as the route paramater would be structured as follows:
The API returns XML, JSON, or serialized PHP"
lat1 long1,lat2 long2,...,latn longn
Labels: Desktop, Local, New, Yahoo Maps API, Zimbra