Updated see red and blue below
Google Maps + Powerful GIS Analysis
Here is a Google Maps Direction Route - with the added profile of the route generated by ArcServer. (click image to see live example)
Here is another example of adding GIS capabilities to Google Maps.
Drive Time Polygons (1,2 & 3 minute driving time polygons) on the fly - overlaid on Google Maps. (click image to see live example)
Custom version http://mapperz.googlepages.com/DriveTime_ESRI_GMAP.html
(Drive Time only works in the US and Canada)
How is this geo-processing action created?
Image source: http://globe5.arcwebservices.com/arcgisoutput/Network_ESRI_DriveTime_US/CreateDriveTimePolygonsDisks.htm
ArcGIS comes with Model Builder here geoprocessing functions Make Service Area Layer, Add Locations are just some of the core processing elements to create Drive Time Polygons.
This is the start of some serious and powerful tools that will and can be built on to 'enrich' the map user.
This provides them with detailed information that can be manipulated and customized to the users specifications on the fly.
Other possibilities at the Geo-Processing Service examples here
- Display your own maps on top of a Google Maps base map.
- Execute a sequence of GIS models and display the results in Google Maps.
- Search for features in your GIS data and display the results on Google Maps.
- Find addresses using your own address locator and display the result on Google Maps.
- Display attributes from your GIS data on the map using the Google Chart API.
- Allows others to add GIS functionality from your server as a Google Mapplet.
Reported by Google Map Mania from this Blog