ArcExplorer (build 900) - GIS for Everyone finally...
ArcExplorer (build 900) - GIS for Everyone finally... who has a pc'
There has been quite a wait for this version of ArcExplorer from ESRI. Though finally a product that can be used by all users.
Think along lines of Microsoft Office now has a geo-spatial browser.
GIS for Everyone finally...
What is new and why it is finally a useful product?
- New User Interface (very Microsoft Office ribbon like)
- GIS analysis (such as visibility, direction finding, and proximity search)
- GeoRSS feeds import
- New basemap galley for easy access to different base maps
- 2D/3D modes now caters for the 2D map perspective.
- Improved KML support and support for layer packages (.lyr support & the .lpk introduced at ArcGIS 9.3.1)
- GPX data import
- JPEG 2000, GeoTIFF, MrSID import
- New presentation mode - useful for presentations.
- Bing Maps *free to ArcGIS Desktop users - Though visit Bing Maps to view for free.
- Localisation - dependant on your language
- Projections - Expansion package required.
ArcGIS Explorer SDK (direct link to .exe file) - 24.5mb
"For developing custom add-ins which extend the capabilities of ArcGIS Explorer. Requires Visual Studio .NET. Note: The SDK must be installed after installing ArcGIS Explorer. For more information read the ArcGIS Explorer SDK Installation Guide"
Optional Expansion Packs:
(direct links to .exe files)
Data Access Expansion Pack (9.9mb)
Expands geodatabase functionality by allowing direct connections to multi-user geodatabases
Fonts Expansion Pack (2.7mb)
Adds more ESRI fonts for use with ArcGIS Explorer. ESRI fonts are used when displaying ArcGIS Layer files and Layer packages.
Projection Engine Expansion Pack(15.2mb)
Adds more projections and geotransformations for use with ArcGIS Explorer
What's New Guide (with video)
(the main program is 78.4mb)