'At-Risk' Post Office Outlets Mapped
Outreach Post Offices Planned (replacing these Post Offices)
so if that is wrong so will the location on the map
Midlands is Mapped now.
*Starkholmes, 133 Starkholmes, Road Matlock E4 5JA was not mapped due to an incorrect postcode.
Kent 'at-risk' Post Office Outlets Mapped
"The Post Office has announced the first 180 branches earmarked for closure under its plan to shut 2,500 by the end of next year."
based on the pdf on the BBC website - Mapperz mapped them. In 15 minutes
How was this done so quick?
- Copy and pasted addresses and postcodes from the PDF into notepad, save as .txt
- Rename as .csv
- Open this in OpenOffice (or Word) as comma delimited.
- Adjusted the Postcodes into one column
- Copy and pasted to a batch geocoder
- Appended the lat/lng to the Post Office 'at risk' in OpenOffice
- Saved as .xls
- Uploaded to google spreadsheets (view the spreadsheet)
- Published this as 'public' (will not work if your don't)
- Used the google maps/spreadsheet wizard
**the wizard does do a lot of things, icons sizes, colours, viewport, map extent based on data.
The Mapperz modified a little html to make the map centre on Europe before zooming to the Kent era.
View the 'At Risk' Post Offices in Kent Map
Mismatched postcodes with the geocoder
Kent had one Postcode that was incorrect replacing the 'I' for a '1' worked.
TN13 IHZ should be TN13 1HZ