iPhone or N95?
Okay in simple terms why Mapperz bought an N95 and not an iPhone.
The iPhone has:
- Touch Screen (3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen multi-touch display))
- Auto rotate
- Maps (Google)
- Quad Band (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
- Wifi -Wi-Fi (802.11b/g) no n?
- 2 Mega-pixel camera (my 5 year old camera has 3mega-pixel)
- Limited Software available
- A Polishing Cloth.
Though it lacks one fundamental feature. GPS
If your going to have mapping on your phone, you want to know where you are, not Steve Jobs Office Location.
Just this one missing feature stops Mapperz pursuing the iPhone.
Location based information is useless unless it is providing information around your position or desired destination.
Now if Nokia and Apple produced a product together then it would be a better solution. But this is unlikely.
The N95 has done and is still doing it's job, however the information that phone has in its needs to be updated and cleaned. It is only a computer and can only give you the information it has.
(more map updates from TeleAtlas needed)
- GPS - Locates you in a few seconds (faster in the car with 12v of power)
- Built in Maps - if you pre-load onto your memory card.
- Built in Sat Nav with voice commands (if purchased)
- 5 Mega-pixel camera.
- Lots of supported software available.
Mapperz own views, comment if you like.