ArcGIS and Instant Messaging (Version 2)
The ESRI Prototype Lab is proud to announce the second release of Geochat. Geochat can be downloaded from here
on ESRI's ArcScripts
website. This release of Geochat is compatiable with ArcGIS Desktop 9.1 and 9.2UC
What's new with GeoChat 2 for users?
1) New user interface (see screenshots),
2) Office-sttle alerts when new geochat messages arrive,
3) Support for adding/removing/grouping jabber users,
What's new in GeoChat 2 for developers?
1) Full source code is included,
2) Object model diagram provided for core chat assembly (ESRI.ArcGIS.Chat.dll),
3) Migrated to .NET 2.0,
4) Includes sample executeable called "ChatSample",
5) Added new message type called "CustomMessage". This allows developer to send any .NET serializable object.